Heather P. Wilson, Ph.D., CHC
Heather Wilson is the founder and the CEO of Weatherbee Resources, Inc. Heather is a nationally known expert on hospice regulations and a frequent presenter at State and national hospice meetings. She has authored numerous manuals to assist hospice programs with regulatory compliance, including:
- The Compliance Program Toolkit: Resources for Hospice Compliance Officers
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule: Compliance Resources for Hospices (with Mary Michal and Jay Mahoney)
- HIPAA Privacy Training in a Binder
- The HIPAA Security Rule: Compliance Resources for Hospices
- Hospice Policies & Procedures
- Hospice Regulatory Policies and Procedures
- The QAPI Requirement: Resources for Hospice Programs (with Melanie Merriman and Martha Tecca)
- CoPs in a Book: The Final Edition
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule: What Hospices Need to Know and Do
- The Hospice Item Set: A Step-by-Step Implementation Guide (with Melanie Merriman)
In 2007, Heather founded and developed the Hospice Education Network (HEN) into the leading provider of online education for hospice and palliative care programs and professionals. HEN was sold to Relias Learning in 2013 and continues to be used by Weatherbee as an online education platform for its consulting clients. With Joy Barry, the co-owner of Weatherbee Resources, Heather developed the Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp, an intensive workshop provided across the country since 2006 and attended by thousands of hospice professionals. She was a member of NHPCO's Regulatory Committtee for many years and is currently a member of the Regulatory Issues Advisory Group for the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Heather began her career as a French teacher, taught theology and worked as a pastoral psychotherapist. She has a degree from the Sorbonne, an MA in Religious Education from Fordham University, an MA in Counseling Psychology from New York University, and a Ph.D. in Pastoral Psychology from Boston University. Her doctoral dissertation was one of the first empirical studies on the topic of forgiveness.