How well does your staff understand the rules and regulations that govern the provision of, and payment for, hospice care? Do they know:
- The payment-related implications associated with the election, certification/recertification, physician narrative, face-to-face encounter, and plan of care?
- The regulatory requirements associated with the interdisciplinary assessment process and documentation to support hospice eligibility?
- The importance of determining whether medications and other services are related to the patient's terminal diagnosis, and how to document accordingly?
- The required elements to support the billing of higher levels of care?
- The regulatory requirements and the compliance challenges associated with providing hospice care in facilities?
- How to assure compliance with QAPI and reporting requirements?
If the answer to any of the above is not a resounding "ABSOLUTELY," then your team needs Weatherbee's Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp!
Consider registering for the additional 3rd day workshop, Striving for Documentation Success. The additional workshop is offered immediately following each Boot Camp. Compliance and high quality patient care go hand-in-hand. On this additional 3rd day, we:
- Review documentation language to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Learn documentation strategies for training staff using three case studies; and,
- Explore LCD guidelines and assessment tools to improve documentation of patient eligibility.
2018 Boot Camp schedule:
- March 26-27 in Nashville, TN
- June 18-19 in Boston, MA
- September 17-18 in Chicago, IL
- December 10-11 in Las Vegas, NV
Agendas (subject to change)
Compliance The Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® has approved this event for up to 17.5 CCB CEUs. Continuing Education Units are awarded based on individual attendance records. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by CCB of this event content or of the event sponsor.
CME This Live activity, Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp, from 03/26/2018 - 12/12/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 17.75 Elective credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses Continuing education for nurses is provided by Relias Learning, LLC. Relias Learning is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Nurses will receive approximately 10 contact hours for participation in the two-day Boot Camp and approximately 5 contact hours for participation in the optional third day activity.
Criteria for Judging Successful Completion: Participants will only receive CE credit if they sign-in and remain present for the entire two days of the conference. Partial credit will not be given. Once the conference is over, the participant will be required to complete an evaluation survey online. Once the participant completes the conference evaluation, a certificate will automatically generate for the participant to print.
The Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp meets the criteria for completion of Regulatory & Compliance Issues, a Level II Module of NHPCO's Manager Development Program (MDP).